Butternut squash is one of my favorite foods. It’s colorful, flavorful, and good alone or mixed in a stir fry or quiche. It’s also a great way to get vitamins A & C, magnesium and potassium! The last few weeks I’ve been trying to make my smoothies more on the veggie side, instead of all fruits. I love my fruit, but a big cup of them is a little too much sugar to start my day. This smoothie is super creamy, full of good protein and will fill you up for a long day. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
What you’ll need:
- Frozen butternut squash (organic, if possible)
- 1/2 Banana
- 2 tbs. Almond butter
- 2 tbs. Hemp hearts (I love this brand)
- 1 tbs. Collagen peptides (this one is my favorite)
- 1/4 cup steamed and then frozen cauliflower
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1/2-1 cup (may need more depending on how thick you like it) Flax milk or nut milk of choice
- Blend and top with granola and coconut flakes!
I have truly made this every day for a week now. I even made it for a friend that came to visit and she loved it.
ALSO, send me your favorite granola recipes! I know Pinterest has a billion, but I don’t like it too sweet and want to hear from you!