Sooooo self care is a topic going around every where. Taking care of yourself should always be a priority, but I feel like some people in the health industry talk about it constantly and all of the things they mention are EXPENSIVE. Massages, manicures, facials…obviously these are all amazing things and make most people feel great, but not everyone can afford them. Today I want to talk about FREE or pretty cheap options for some self care!
- READ! Books costs money, of course, but libraries are free! They also have a kids play area (most) so if you have kids, let them play while you drink coffee and read! I do it a few times per week and it’s like self care for each of us.
- FACE MASKS! There are several DIY ones online, but at Target (or I’m sure drug stores) you can get a cool one for $2-$5! Light some candles, play some music, and relax with a fun face mask!
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW! There are so many options online. Skillshare has free classes online, Youtube is how I’m learning banjo right now, and back at the library there are so many options for things to learn!
- MEDITATE! Fun fact I learned recently: 47% of the time, your mind is wandering. It usually wanders to negative spaces. Meditating can help so much! Headspace is an amazing free app that helps you meditate, even if you just have a few minutes!
- YOGA! Yoga is so good for your body! This youtube channel is my FAVORITE. This girl is funny, awkward, and knows some yoga! She has videos for all levels, has videos that are easy on joints, even yoga specifically for runners!
- MAKE A MONTHLY INTENTIONS/GOAL LIST! So, I did this for the first time this month AND did it 2 weeks late….but I enjoyed it a lot! It felt like making new years resolutions, but a much smaller scale and the items were much more attainable. Some months may have 1 things, sometimes 20! Doing this can help you feel more organized, confident, and pumped for the month ahead!
- MOVE THAT BODY! I know everyone says exercising helps everything, and for me it truly does, but some people don’t like it! Find some way to move your body that makes you happy! One of my best friends HATES working out, but started taking Krav Maga classes and loves it. Maybe dancing is your thing! Make a playlist and dance!
- HANGOUT WITH FRIENDS! My husband and I are getting out of debt, so most of my friends know that if we’re hanging out, I’m not spending much money. Go grab a cup of coffee (skip a latte, just get drip!) or grab a donut. As a mom, going to someones home or them coming over is amazing. Just sitting and talking and making myself feel normal because I find out how often others deal with similar things!
I’m sure this list will grow as I’m learning about it all myself, but hopefully these help some! This whole blog/instagram was for me to share about health, and that goes way beyond eating healthy and working out. Your mental health is number1!!!
My November intentions list!